Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Firsts....and the last

Can you believe the year is nearly over? I know I have a hard time believing it...but check the calendar...yep, almost over. It seems the years pass faster and faster with each passing year, and yet this one seemed to last forever...so how does THAT happen?

The last customer quilts of the year went out the door yesterday, and now's the time to sit, take a deep breath, relax, and look after stuff that gets left undone for the most part during the rest of the year. I've been playing with a few projects for me, and have cut out a few quilt bits and pieces to make it easier to sew when I have the time.

So the first quilt to show is a "first quilt"...wonderfully pieced plus appliqué....WOW... and lots of fun to quilt! Not exactly a beginner pattern, it's "Under the Stars" by The Rabbit Factory made in a class at a local quilt store. Certainly a quilt to be proud of, and hopefully to be encouraged by. So congratulations on your first quilt Kathy and I hope your daughter loves it, and thank you for letting me quilt it!
Kathy's Under The Stars

Close-up of the appliqué

Border detail

Back side


The next quilt is a second quilt, and again a pleasure to quilt; flat and square, plus a simple pantograph for a cozy finish to be proud of and a wonderful gift.


And the last 3 quilts of the year; pinwheels of French General by Moda with a simple Baptist Fan treatment with wool batting for a nice cozy feel.

And last but certainly not least these 2 memory quilts made with patches of from the clothing of a loved one...what a wonderful, thoughtful gift!
Memory quilt by Rose

Memory quilt by Rose

A bit of detail of the quilting

Baptist Fan for this one

 a wild and crazy back just for fun

a pretty back showing lots of detail
So the very last thing for me to do on this wet and warm Christmas Eve is to say thank you to all of my wonderful customers for entrusting your quilts to me for quilting...it's been my pleasure, and I hope to see all of you again soon as you travel on your quilting journey.

I wish each and everyone of you a wonderful Christmas filled with family, friends and lots of good things, and a Happy New Year!

Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment