Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Show Time!

Last Friday and Saturday the Hamilton Quilters' Guild held their show at the Ancaster Fairgrounds. The last show was 2 years ago in June and this was the first time for a fall show (I think) for this guild and I think the change was a good thing as there are lots of shows in the spring in Ontario.

The show was nicely hung, and quilt intake went quickly and smoothly; and unfortunately I was not able to be there on the Saturday to volunteer nor take down the show, but my bet is that it went quickly and smoothly.

I made arrangements to be there for the day Friday between the working for a paycheck job shifts and had a lovely time. Lunch in the tearoom with friends was exceptional with excellent and fresh sandwiches and lovely baked treats for dessert....and then a bit of shopping at the vendor booths, and a door prize, and I'd call it a successful day!



The weather was not inspiring on Friday, so what better way is there to spend some time indoors than looking at quilts? So a small sampling today of quilts I have had the pleasure of quilting, and a thank you to Lynda, Jeanne, and Lynn for letting me quilt your quilts. My apology to Jeanne though for somehow missing her black and white quilt...and at the very end...my own lone entry in the show.
 


Lynda's Golden Labyrinth

Jeanne's

Lynda's Geese Over The Orient

Jeanne's Sampler

Lynn's Jungle Walk

Lynn's doggie





My 'Pink Baskets'



Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment